1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database Edit Requests

Discussion in 'Database edit requests and issues' started by Matt, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Matt

Matt New Member Staff Member

Hey Guys,

If you have any corrections or additions that can be made to the Database please list the following information in order for me or other editors to add it

1. Hex Code
    2. Civil or Military
    3. Registration
    4. Aircraft Type

5. Operator / Owner

If you're requesting an edit for information belonging to an already existing aircraft please list the following

1. Hex Code
    2. What needs to be changed

Thanks,

Matt

2. James

James Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Matt! I get a spreadsheet every few days from someone. PM me your email and I'll make the introduction!

3. Matt

Hey James, nice to meet you!
    Not sure why I haven't gotten around to posting here sooner but it only took me 3 months!

-Matt

4. James

I edited your email for spam prevention. Probably won't help - those Russian computers are crafty ... I will start forwarding stuff to you!

5. Matt

I just removed it to be safe (;

6. PSIMPSON

PSIMPSON New Member

See my column on page 2 for my new submissions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  7. ADImages

ADImages New Member

Is there more than one operator record for the Royal Air Force? I seem to see quite a few that don't have an operator flag, most recent ones are:

43C68F
    43C69B
    43C69D

Also, I've noticed a few Ministry of Defence planes marked as civil aircraft, 400EB6 is one I've spotted today

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  8. ADImages

ADImages New Member

9. MileHighFWPilot

MileHighFWPilot New Member

Here is a few updates.

Attached Files:

• ADSB.jpg
      ADSB.jpg
      File size:
      119.5 KB
      Views:
  10. freqhopping

freqhopping Member

The database editor currently seems to be broken so don't expect to see any changes. I sent a message to Dan but haven't heard back.

11. James

We're working on a bunch of stuff. Can you PM me the editor url and a login?

12. freqhopping

freqhopping Member

I've tried. It says my message is spam-like or contains inappropriate content. Change or try again later.

13. James

14. skymaster

skymaster Member

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to update the database. I get an "Exception encountered:" error message.

However, desktop reports are still working, even though I don't think any new data has been added since about 9th Feb.

15. James

I still have no idea how to log into it. I assume there is a username AND a password.

16. James

Hoenstly tho, VRS wasn't made to do anything at this scale and the dev is sort of not interested in improving it --- so we're trying to move away from it this year.

17. skymaster

skymaster Member

Will that affect the aircraft database in the short term?

18. James

No, Dan thinks VRS is just overloaded and we've given it all the resources we can. The plan is to build a mysql database to edit and update - then have it export daily to VRS can read and display on the front end. We are at the point where we can't buy any faster CPU and buying more servers just isn't cost effective.

Dan was going to give it a kick last night so it might come back up or it might not.

19. skymaster

skymaster Member

The mysql option makes sense. That should take a load off.

Database is still giving the Exception encountered: error, so I'll just keep a list of updates to process, until it gets sorted.

20. James

Thanks for doing that! If we can get it up and working I'll post here.

Freqman likes this.