If you are a user of Virtual Radar Server (http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/) below is the simple process to share your traffic with the ADS-B Exchange community:
- Go to “Tools -> Options” and add a merged feed that contains all of your receivers (if you don’t already have one). If you have only one receiver, you can ignore this step.
- Click on “Rebroadcast Servers” and click the green “+” symbol to add a rebroadcast server
- For “Name” enter something descriptive like “ADS-B Exchange”
- For “Receiver” Choose your merged feed created in Step 1, or the name of your receiver. It may just be “receiver”.
- For “Format” Choose “Compressed VRS”
- Check the “Push Feed” box
- For “Address” enter “feed.adsbexchange.com” (without quotes)
- Port – Set to 41000
- Passphrase – leave blank
- Max Message Age – leave at 3 seconds
- Send keep-alive packets – do not check
- Idle timeout – 900 seconds recommended
Below is a screenshot of how it should look when finished. Just click “OK” and you’re done. Check the global radar page for your traffic!