If you find this data useful, or just want to see it’s distribution continue, we greatly appreciate any donations, especially monthly recurring donations, to fund the ongoing operation of the site. This data would cost a significant amount of money to buy from other ADS-B aggregators, and would not include all military, FAA blocklist, LADD et all, and all block requested aircraft.
As noted in the legal terms and conditions, commercial (for profit or non-profit organization) use requires written authorization from ADS-B Exchange. This is necessary to ensure operating this site remains financially viable and continues to provide unfiltered global tracking services.
All use other than personal non-commercial must have a commercial data license agreement. We ask that commercial users contribute financially to the operation of this site, if they desire to use the data in any internal or external products.
Proceeds go towards maintaining and improving ADSBexchange.com.
ADSBexchange.com REST API
Positional data can be queried using several parameters. Results are returned as JSON.
Requirements for REST API data for personal use by enthusiasts:
- Hosting a feeder with a range of at least 100NM sending data to ADSBx for a minimum of 30 days.
- Feeder must be a Raspberry Pi (or equivalent) running ADSBx feeder and Stats Package. Feeder must stay active for your key to remain valid.
- Certify under penalty of law that you are a personal enthusiast user using the data for non-commercial enthusiast purposes.
ATTENTION: You must include the output of the commands “cat /boot/adsbx-uuid” and “curl https://adsbexchange.com/myip/” from the device running ADSBx software.
If you need help setting up a feeder please do not use the contact form or email to request help, instead visit our discord #feeder-troubleshooting channel here: https://discord.gg/pGazT83
To apply for an API key, use the contact form.
If you do not meet all requirements, we suggest the use of our reasonably priced RapidAPI portal.
ADSBexchange.com REST API Information
More than 1 API call every 5 seconds may cause your IP to be blocked.
- All Aircraft within x NM of point located at latitude, longitude ( 37.1661, -119.44944 )
- Aircraft with ICAO hex code
- Aircraft(s) broadcasting a squawk code
- Aircraft(s) with ADSBx community registration information